Friday, March 18, 2011

Too blue

Lately I have found myself dreaming about being back in the US, having a place called home...  This second winter has been harder on me. During the first winter I was complaining about the darkness and cold but somebody told me, "wait until you experience the second winter, when your vitamin D levels are depleted", and I think she was right, it has been so hard on me!!  Especially February, I was feeling blue, some days so blue that I would call it depressed. I had no energy to do anything. I'm not Danish, I have no motivation to go jogging or take Lucas for walks when is snowy, dark, cold and windy outside. At the beginning of the winter, I really enjoyed the coziness of being inside, warm with a hot cup of tea, cooking or watching a movie while it was snowing outside. But  as winter progressed, the coziness feeling started to wash away and replaced by complaining "when is the snow going to melt","this f*** snow is ruining my shoes", " when is going to be lighter", "I'm getting fat from all this cooking and being inside", "I want to move back to Houston where winter are warmer and the day doesn't end at 4pm".  So now, I don't dream about trips to exotic destinations, I dream about trips back home…
So is the glamour of the expat life wearing off*, or is it just the winter blues??? 

*we will complete 5 years as expats this year...

2 comments:

  1. OMG Alex, I`ll write you an e-mail soon. Until then - hugs and kisses and for your sake, I hope that the spring will come early to Denmark this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The summer is going to be here in no time! The blue days will gone very soon and you are going to enjoy it there so much that you will wonder why you were feeling so depressed.... I hope! cheer up girl!

    ReplyDelete