Saturday, April 11, 2009

We landed...

I cannot believe sometimes we're here. I feel so far away from everything and everybody.

We arrived OK. The Spring weather is nice, cold but pleasant. We're in a temporary apartment in downtown.

We are having the worst jet lag we have ever experienced, getting sleepy around 3am and waking up at 2 pm. We need to correct it before we start working on Tuesday.

Thursday & Friday and this Monday are holidays here, then we have had some time to drive around, and get the basic things for the apartment... I'm still amazed of how expensive is everything at the supermarket. Eating out is expensive also, American prices x3. For example U$30/person for a Chinese Buffet and a combo in McDonalds is U$10, and add ~5% if you pay with a foreign credit card.

Today we walked a long way to find an internet cafe because we don't have cell phones, internet or phone at home yet... totally disconnected.

Lucas says hi =)

 

No puedo creer aveces que estemos por aqui. Me siento tan lejos de todo y de todos...

Llegamos bien. La primavera esta fria, pero aguantable. Estamos en un apartamento en el centro  mientras buscamos casa y llega el trasteo de Houston.

Tenemos todos los horarios descuadrados, nos da sueno a las 3am y nos despertamos a las 2pm. Necesitamos ajustarnos antes de que entremos a trabajar el martes.

Estos dias han sido festivos, asi que hemos tenido tiempo de ir al supermercado y comprar cosas para el apto. Todo es carisimo, y salir a comer tambien, multiplique los precios americanos x3.

 Hoy caminamos como una hora para encontrar un internet cafe, estamos sin telefono, sin celular, sin internet, totalmente desconectados.

Lucas les manda saludos =)

 

Read and post comments

2 comments:

  1. Hola! Glad to hear you made it well, aside from the jet lag. Best wishes to an exciting adventure! I think the baby's butt is out to the side right now. My stomach is lopsided. Haha. Hope to hear from you guys more when you have internet/phone. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that you guys had already left! Wow-so exciting. Sorry to hear about the jet lag. That's never fun. Tell Rob and Lucas hello. I can't wait to see pictures and hear more stories. :-)

    ReplyDelete