Friday, April 18, 2008

30 weeks

30 weeks, the starting of the last quarter. I have seen my belly increasing in size in the last weeks. I cannot imagine how big is going to get, still two and a half months more. I am feeling good, just tired and with low energy. I didn't even enroll in my pregnancy yoga classes this month. I have som DVDs at home, but I'm always to tired to do it after work and during the weekends I just want to sleep.

The city is smoked... looks like fog, the smell of burning grass is everywhere and the smoke is getting inside the office and apartments already. It has been bad, several major accidents involving multiple cars on the highways because of it.

813768
813771

The smoke is coming from 66,000 hectares of burning grass in the islands of the Parana River (just outside Buenos Aires). The pics are from the local newspaper.

Some good news this week, the first one, we are moving to Puerto Madero. Our apartment will be three blocks from the office. We like our apartment better but we want to be close to the baby, specially if I'm breast feeding after my maternity leave. Lisa is going to be in the same building, and two other expats wives with babies. I will have some people to call when in need, specially being a first time mom =).  The second one, they informed me that I can take 3 months of maternity leave, that is some of the best news I have gotten lately. One month before the arrival of the baby and two months after... SOOO GOOOD.

OK Lukitas keep growing and stay in there, just 10 weeks more!!!

 

30 semanas, el inicio del ultimo cuarto. My pancita ha crecido bastante en las ultimas semanas. No me imagino que tanto mas ira a crecer. Me he sentido bien, solo con un poco de sueño y como sin energia. Este mes nisiquiera me matricule en las clases de yoga de embarazadas. Tengo unos DVDs de yoga para hacer en la casa, pero es que llego muy cansada de la oficina y los fines de semana solo quiero dormir. 

La ciudad esta llena de humo, se ve como si fuera neblina. No se a quien se le ocurrio quemar 66.000 hectareas de pasto seco en las islas del Rio Parana, y aunque es afuera de la ciudad, el viento trae todo el humo. Ya ha habido varios accidentes de hasta 16 carros, con muertos y todo debido a la baja visibilidad por el humo. Ya se metio el humo en el apartamento y la oficina.. vamos a oler todos a rancho. Unas fotos del periodico.

Buenas noticias esta semana. La primera nos vamos a cambiar de apartamento y estaremos a 3 cuadras de la oficina. Lo cual es buenisimo, pues cuando vuelva a trabajar puedo mirar el bebe un par de veces durante el dia, especialmente si estoy todavia lactando. Y la otra buena noticia, es que me aprobaron los 3 meses de licencia de maternidady. Un mes antes de nazca el bebe y dos meses despues.

OK Lukitas, sigue creciendo y quedate ahi dentro, solo 10 semanitas mas!!! 

 

 

 

Read and post comments

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are crazy! Stay inside as much as possible, I guess...? I am very happy for your new apartment and the 3 month maternity leave. Lucas will be happy too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome about being able to take 3 months of maternity leave and moving closer to the office. That will be great once you go back to work. You and Lisa must be excited to be in the same building. I'm glad everything is going well and Lucas is still cooking :)
    Talk to you later,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete